When using text and voice only to communicate, remember to communicate clearly unlike Key and Peele:
If 55% of communication is body language in-person, the rest is tone or words you say! When typing, 100% of communication is from words you use!
Yesterday in our all staff meeting, we talked about text communication confusion. Here is how we broke it down to come up with solutions:
1) What can go wrong?
- *no emotion unless explicit
- *“Okay” is difficult to interpret
- *language/cultural differences
- *Use please and thank yous as much as possible
- *Be clear and descriptive
- *Use emojis to add clarity